When you turn on the hot water for your morning shower and are greeted with tepid temperatures, you know you’re in for a rough morning. When your water heater isn’t working the way it should, you need a company you can rely on to get your morning routine, and the rest of your household, back on track. In Rockford, look no further than Axberg for water heater repair.
Axberg has been providing HVAC and plumbing repair services to homeowners in the Greater Rockford area since 1957. We’re a locally owned company, and we are here for you 24 hours a day, seven days per week. No matter when you discover a water heater problem, you can trust Axberg to repair it.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
While it’s obvious that you need water heater repair when the water heater stops working completely, other signs that a repair need is looming are less obvious. Here are some common signs that you need water heater repair:
- Water isn’t as hot as it was – Sometimes, water will still get warm but not as warm as it did. This is a sign that the water heater will need a repair visit soon.
- Visible deterioration – If the water heater tank looks like it’s wearing out, it probably is! However, some deterioration or broken parts can be repaired, so give us a call.
- Rusty water – Water should be clear, not rust-colored. If it’s turning a brownish color, then you need to see a professional about repair.
- Leaks – Leaks are a sign that you need to have a professional look at your water heater.
- Carbon monoxide alarm triggers – If you own a gas-fueled water heater and it isn’t venting properly, carbon monoxide can leak into your home and trigger your CO alarms. When your CO alarm goes off, this is an emergency. Leave your home immediately and contact one of our professionals.
If you are noticing any of these problems, give the team at Axberg a call at 815-873-6003 for prompt and efficient help!
Causes of Water Heater Damage in Rockford, IL
Leakage is the most common symptom of an ailing water heater. Every unit will experience a leak at some time because sediment, cracks, and corrosion will eventually strike. Leakage often comes with loose connections and inlet pipes, so if you hear rattling, you’re probably dealing with a loose component or pressure relief valve.
If your water heater has stopped supplying hot water, your thermostat might have worn out. This is an easy repair, provided your ignition system isn’t tripping your mains. Water heaters can sometimes emit an odd scent. This is a sign that your tank has a bacteria buildup — a natural occurrence when a surface is constantly exposed to fluids. Your tank might also slow down with age — a symptom of a poor gas connection or dirty vent flue. Other forms of damage can be caused by:
- Old plumbing infrastructure that doesn’t suit new appliances
- Aged thermocouples
- Gas flow problems
- Corroded or leaking pipes
- Rusted anode rods
- Sediment and scale that’s collected as a result of hard water
Hot Water Heater Repair vs. Replacement
When it comes to water heaters, repair isn’t always the most cost-effective option. When you call Axberg for help, we will help you decide whether repair or replacement is the best choice for your water heater. Keep in mind, though, that water heaters are designed to last six to 12 years, so if your unit is nearing the end of that expected life span, you will want to consider replacement over repair.
Let Axberg help you decide if repair or replacement is right for your home. Give us a call at 815-873-6003 or contact us online today to discuss your water heater concerns.
Why Choose Axberg for Water Heater Replacement?
Axberg is your source for all home comfort and plumbing needs in the Greater Rockford area. Our team offers a full satisfaction guarantee and always puts customers first. We offer personalized, reliable, and responsive service that you can depend on to ensure your home stays comfortable and safe.
If you are having trouble with your water heater, give us a call at 815-873-6003 or contact us online to schedule water heater repair today!