How clean is the air inside your home? According to the Environmental Protection Agency, it could be up to 5x as dirty as the air outside. Improving your home’s indoor air quality is essential to your family’s health and wellness.
Axberg provides indoor air quality services in Rockford to help you protect your family and ensure you’re breathing clean air inside your home.
Our Air Cleaning Services
We offer a number of indoor air quality services in Rockford that reduce pollen, mold, and other contaminants in your home HVAC systems, including:
- Air purifiers – A whole-home air purifier uses your home’s existing ductwork to deliver clean air to every room and provide continuous clean air circulation throughout your home.
- Air cleaners – Installing a home air cleaner in your Rockford home reduces dust, dander, pollen, bacteria and more. They operate noiselessly and require minimal maintenance.
- Home humidifiers – Portable humidifiers require frequent maintenance and only treat one room. Whole-home humidifiers work with your HVAC system to balance humidity levels throughout your house.
- Dehumidifiers – Installing a whole-home dehumidifier reduces moisture in the air, which can make breathing easier on muggy days.
- Air duct cleaning – Having your air ducts cleaned regularly should be a part of your routine home maintenance regimen. It’s an effective way to remove dust and pollen.
- Improved filtration – Most HVAC companies install cheap air filters, but upgrading your air filters to a higher MERV rating can improve efficiency and reduce more harmful pollutants.
- Improved ventilation – Improving supply vents and exhaust systems can lower your utility bills and upgrade your HVAC system’s efficiency.
Our technicians create a custom plan to address the problem areas in your home. Call today to learn more about our air cleaning and indoor air quality services.
Air Quality Testing Services
In order to create a clean indoor air environment, we need to know what allergens and indoor air quality issues are present in your home. That’s why we perform air quality testing services before we recommend a solution.
When we test air quality, we look at several factors, such as:
- Humidity levels
- Gas levels
As a leading air quality testing company in Rockford, you can expect a no-nonsense explanation of your home’s air quality trouble areas when you hire Axberg.
Signs You Have an Indoor Air Quality Problem
Most homes in Rockford have indoor air quality problems. Pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and other contaminants and allergens are circulated through your HVAC system, and if you don’t address them, they can affect your family.
Common signs you may need to hire an indoor air quality company include:
- Stale odors
- Visible mold in your home
- Problems with allergies or asthma
- Excessive dust
If you are noticing these signs, or anything else out of the ordinary with your home or air, we recommend calling a professional as soon as possible.
Rockford Residents Trust Axberg for Clean Air at Home
Axberg has provided HVAC services in Rockford since the 1950s. We are the area’s most trusted name in HVAC service, including indoor air quality services. Don’t trust your home’s air purification to anyone but the best.
Call 815-873-6003 or contact us online today and improve your indoor air quality today!
Indoor Air Quality FAQs
Taking care of your home’s indoor air quality is vital, but it may leave you with some questions. Here are some common questions we hear.
Why does my home’s indoor air quality matter?
When air is trapped inside your home due to tight, energy-efficient construction, it can quickly become polluted. That pollution circulates over and over every time you run your home’s HVAC system, creating an endless cycle of indoor air quality problems. Indoor air quality suffers as a result, and the only solution is to focus your attention on indoor air quality.
What indoor air quality products help protect against COVID-19?
Indoor air quality products that target bacteria and virus contaminants are the best protection against COVID-19. Indoor air purifiers and UV air cleaners are the ideal solutions to help tackle viruses like COVID-19. They will also neutralize mold and mildew and other living organisms.
How does humidity affect indoor air quality?
Too much humidity in your home creates a perfect scenario for mold and dust mites to grow. It can also damage your wood floor and furnishings. However, too little humidity can cause coughing, sore throats, and other concerns, so both humidifiers and dehumidifiers are helpful to protect your indoor air quality.
How does ventilation affect indoor air quality and COVID-19?
Fresh air is vital to protecting indoor air quality, and especially in reducing transmission of COVID-19. In fact, the CDC indicates that indoor spaces with poor ventilation are some of the most dangerous for the transmission of the virus. Home ventilation can help protect your home and its occupants from COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Do houseplants improve indoor air quality?
Houseplants are effective at pulling some toxins out of the air, and they can help with humidity levels. However, they are not a good substitute for indoor air quality products and should be used in conjunction with professional services.
What are the most common sources of indoor air pollution?
Many things that are not considered dangerous can actually pollute your indoor air, including:
- Fibers from fabrics
- Pet dander and fur
- Dust and dust mites
- Household chemicals
- Mold and mildew
- Dangerous gases
- Lead particles
- Secondhand smoke
Identifying the source of your indoor air quality problems through air quality testing is the first step in fixing them. Once you have found the problems, you can take the right measures to fix them and improve the health and well-being of your family.