A pipe leak can lead to a considerable amount of damage in your Rockford home or business, from destroying drywall and insulation to promoting mold growth and causing wood framing to rot. Because pipes are often hidden from view within walls, floors, and ceilings or underneath foundation slabs, by the time you notice a problem, significant damage may already be done.
Whether you suspect you may have a leak or you just wish to have your plumbing system inspected for problems periodically, our team at Axberg can help with our comprehensive leak detection services. A division of Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical, Axberg has been providing quality HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services to homeowners and businesses throughout the Rockford area since 1957. Our licensed plumbers have the equipment and experience necessary to locate leaks quickly and provide fast, effective repairs.
For help finding hidden leaks in your home or business, contact Axberg today at (815) 873-6003!
Common Causes of Leaks in the Rockford Area
Pipe leaks are common in older buildings as the plumbing system ages, but they can also happen in newer structures for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Aging pipes – Pipes can start to fail as they age, and some materials are more prone to damage than others. Galvanized pipes often corrode, while copper pipes may fail at the solder joints. PVC can become brittle with age, while PEX fittings may loosen and begin to leak.
- Acidic or hard water – Acidic water can speed the corrosion process in galvanized or copper pipes, while hard water can cause minerals to accumulate, restricting flow and causing pipes to crack or fittings to fail.
- Freezing temperatures – Poorly insulated pipes may freeze during a typical winter in the Rockford area, causing pipes to burst or fittings to fail.
- Improper installation – Pipes that are not installed properly, with loose fittings, poor structural support, or improper materials may fail prematurely, causing leaks.
- Accidental damage – Pipes can be damaged due to accidents, such as cutting or drilling into walls without checking for pipes, or digging outside near the main supply lines.
Regardless of the cause, it is important to repair any leaks as soon as possible to avoid costly damage.
Contact our team at Axberg today for fast, professional leak detection!
Signs That You May Have a Leak
Water leaks may not always be easy to spot, especially if they are slow leaks or they are hidden in walls or floors. Even a small leak can cause major problems, however, and you should call a professional if you notice any of the following:
- Abnormally high water bills
- Lack of pressure or flow at one or more fixtures
- Unexplained damp spots on walls, ceilings, or floors
- Stains on ceilings or walls
- Sounds of dripping or flowing water when fixtures are off
- Standing water in the basement, sump pit, or crawl space
- Lack of water after extremely cold temperatures
- Puddles outside your home near the foundation or water lines
Contact our team at Axberg for help with all your plumbing problems. We are available 24 hours a day for emergency repairs, and our friendly, experienced professionals will offer the most cost-effective repair options for your needs.
Schedule Leak Detection in Rockford, IL with Axberg
Whether you have a minor leak or a major emergency, contact our plumbers at Axberg today for fast, professional leak detection and repairs anywhere in the Rockford area.
To schedule an appointment or request an estimate, contact us at (815) 873-6003!