Do you heat and cool your Rockford home with a heat pump? At Axberg, we offer top HVAC services for all types of home comfort systems, including heat pumps. Our experienced team offers heat pump repair service on all makes and models, and over the years, we have seen just about any type of problem you can imagine. This means if you are having heat pump trouble, our name is the only one you need to know.
Does My Heat Pump Need to Be Repaired?
At Axberg, we get calls from homeowners regularly asking if the way their heat pump is acting is normal. Because fast action at the first sign of a problem is helpful in preventing a costly repair, we want you to be aware of common signs to watch for. Here are some of the reasons you may need to call us for heat pump repair:
- Less output than normal
- Strange noises
- Unusual odors
- A regularly freezing unit
- Uneven heating or cooling
- Too much moisture pooling around the unit
At the first sign of one of these problems, give us a call. We can send a technician to your home right away to assess the problem and provide a workable solution. If left unattended, these problems could become more serious issues.
When to Replace a Heat Pump in Rockford, IL
To pay for heat pump repair or choose heat pump replacement? This question plagues many homeowners in Rockford each year. As winter’s icy fingers grasp the region, it is not a question you have much time to mull over. Fortunately, there are just a handful of factors you need to consider to make the best decision.
- Consider the age. A well-maintained heat pump can provide reliable operation for between 10-20 years. If your unit is at the higher end of that spectrum, it may be best to replace it with a newer, more energy-efficient model. The long-term cost savings may more than make up for the difference between repair and replacement.
- Consider the cost. As a general rule, if any HVAC repair costs exceed more than 50% of the cost of replacing with a similar system, we recommend replacing the unit. There are several reasons for this, but the biggest is that if you are already dealing with a significant repair on an older system, there is a high likelihood that other significantly expensive repairs are lurking deep within the machine. If even just one more problem arises, you will end up pouring more money into a failing system.
- Consider your needs. Have you added an addition? Upgraded your insulation? If you have made significant changes to your home since the last heat pump was installed, there is a chance it is no longer adequate for your needs. It may be undersized and thus struggling to keep up with your needs. Replacing it with the right sized system can improve efficiency and reduce your monthly utility bills.
Finally, don’t forget about the unit’s maintenance history. If you have invested in preventative maintenance, there is a good chance that your older system is still in great condition and doesn’t need to be replaced. However, if you have neglected maintenance over the years, it might be best to let the unit go and start fresh with a new system.
We encourage you to contact Axberg to learn more about the advantages heat pumps have to offer. In addition, we will answer your questions and help you determine whether heat pump repair or heat pump replacement is best for your needs.
Why Choose Axberg for Heat Pump Repair?
When you have heat pump problems, Axberg is the right choice for your repair needs. Axberg has been serving the Rockford area for years. When you call us, you will enjoy:
- NATE-certified specialists
- Technicians who arrive on time
- Option for emergency service outside of normal business hours
- Ongoing training to ensure our team knows the latest technology
- Friendly, professional team members who put your needs first
Contact us online for more information on the heat pump repair services we offer!
Schedule Heat Pump Repair in Rockford with Axberg
Since 1957, Axberg has been bringing expert heating and cooling services to residents and business owners in Illinois. With years of experience and professional training, our technicians are ready for any heating problem you throw our way. Because you’ll need your heat pump year-round to heat and cool your home, it’s critical that you call our team of professionals at the first sight of a problem. For reliable HVAC services, choose Axberg.
To schedule heat pump repair in Rockford or a surrounding area, give us a call at (815) 873-6003 or contact us online today!