Having a functioning furnace to keep your home or business warm during the cold Illinois winters is essential. Your heating system is only able to work as efficiently as possible if it’s well maintained. We recommend scheduling a furnace tune-up once a year, at the end of summer or at the beginning of fall. This ensures that your unit is ready to go by the time the temperatures really drop.
If you’re in need of furnace maintenance in Rockford, Illinois, or a surrounding area, give the professionals at Axberg a call! Our team of highly trained technicians is knowledgeable on all heating services and is able to provide you with a thorough maintenance check.
Benefits of Furnace Maintenance
Scheduling annual furnace maintenance comes with a number of benefits, including the following:
- Improved safety – During routine maintenance checks, technicians are able to repair small problems that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Even if these issues start small, if left unattended, they could lead to bigger problems. Without maintenance, you could experience a gas leak or dangerous carbon monoxide levels.
- Lower risk of breakdowns – Because technicians are able to make these small repairs during maintenance, the chance of your unit breaking down is much smaller. They’re able to catch and repair small problems before they become more serious.
- Improved performance – Your system will work much better after being cleaned and repaired during a tune-up. The technician who performs your maintenance will also make sure your furnace is receiving proper airflow. Restricted airflow places an unnecessary strain on your unit that can lead to a shorter life span and a need for more repairs.
- Increased energy efficiency – During maintenance, your furnace burner and heat exchanger will be cleaned and inspected. This helps increase the efficiency of your unit throughout the colder months.
- Maintained manufacturer’s warranty – If your furnace is under a manufacturer’s warranty, scheduling annual tune-ups is even more important. Most warranties become void if the system isn’t regularly maintained.
- Longer unit life span – By scheduling maintenance once a year, you’re lowering the risk of breakdowns and extending the life span of your unit.
How To Clean Your Furnace
To clean your furnace, make sure it is turned off and cooled down. You will also want to turn the pilot light off. Next, vacuum dust from around the unit and within the blower cavity and then use a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior surfaces. You can use this same cloth to wipe down and then vacuum the blower and blower assembly. Don’t wipe down the flame sensor with a damp cloth, but do vacuum it and gently clean the flame sensor with a dry cloth. Finally, clean the heat exchanger with a damp cloth and replace the air filter.
Do you need help cleaning your furnace? Contact Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical to schedule heating maintenance in Chicagoland.
Preventative Furnace Maintenance
Preventative furnace maintenance is vital for preserving system function and your comfort. Staying on top of maintenance will extend the life span of your furnace, reduce operating costs, and reduce the potential for sudden failure and the need for emergency repairs. Our furnace maintenance plans are ideal solutions that make maintaining your system easy and ensuring your comfort throughout the year. For best results, we recommend scheduling maintenance in early fall and again at the end of spring.
Contact Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical at (866) 350-4793 to learn more about the preventative maintenance services we offer in Illinois.
Schedule Furnace Maintenance in Rockford with Axberg
Since 1957, Axberg has been bringing expert heating and cooling services to residents and business owners in Illinois. With years of experience and professional training, our technicians are ready for any heating problem you may be experiencing.
If you’re looking to schedule furnace maintenance in Rockford or a surrounding area, give us a call. You can trust that our team of professionals will get the job done right.
To schedule furnace maintenance in the Rockford area, give us a call at (815) 873-6003 or contact us online!
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Maintenance
How often should I change the air filter?
What happens if you don't maintain your furnace?
Does preventative maintenance pay for itself?
Do you have more questions about furnace maintenance in Illinois? Contact Black Diamond Plumbing & Mechanical at (866) 350-4793, and we will be happy to give you the expert advice you need to ensure your comfort throughout the year.