The Prospect position is part of a 15-month program that will expose the employee to all aspects of the trades (including Plumbing, Sewer, Electric, HVAC and Aeroseal). This position includes performing basic duties for the various trades including general labor at our facilities and exposure to how the office integrates with the field. At the end of the program, employees will be prepared to take a role as an apprentice in a trade at Black Diamond.
The Prospect Program includes strategic rotation through each division of the business, spending 16 weeks with each trade. Prospects will learn to recognize and name basic tools for each trade, learn safe work practices to ensure safety on the job site, complete Smith Systems Driver Training as well as Black Diamond’s Road Testing. Prospects will also attend weekly Mock Sales Training to develop communication skills to interact with customers.
Prospects will have an assigned mentor for the duration of the 15 -month program that will guide them through the Black Diamond policies and procedures and help the Prospect to acclimate. Prospects will also receive a performance review at the end of each rotation in order to provide feedback on their performance and suggestions for the next rotation.
At the end of the program, Prospects will be ready to take on an apprentice role in a division of the Company. Feedback from the Managers and the Prospect will determine which division is recommended for apprenticeship.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the above-mentioned trades
- Learn and recognize specific tools relating to each trade
- Follow direction from lead technician to complete jobs in a safe and timely fashion
- Safely and responsibly operate Company Vehicles and equipment
- Transport equipment and materials to jobsite
- Work with various tools, machinery and supplies efficiently and safely
- Daily maintenance activities at company facilities
- Attend weekly Sales Training
- Act as on-call help for the division, as per rotation
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Mechanically inclined (previous experience in the trades, a plus)
- Customer Service Focused
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and push/pull up to 150 lbs with the use of a dolly
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Available for late night and/or weekend jobs as needed
- Willingness to learn, attend classes for professional advancement
- Ability to report to the McHenry shop daily
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Supplemental AFLAC Insurance Options
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Company provided iPhone
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday with rotating on call and weekends
Pay Scale: $15/hour
Click HERE to apply