Your sewer system plays a vital role in your home plumbing system and when it isn’t functioning as it should, it’s no secret. But how can you differentiate a small repair you can fix yourself from a repair that requires assistance from a professional?
It’s typically the best idea to schedule sewer line repair immediately when you notice problems with your sewer line. You may incorrectly diagnose the problem or unintentionally turn it into a bigger problem.
Common Sewer Line Problems
How can you be sure that there’s a problem with your sewer line? If you’re experiencing one of the things listed below or anything else than may indicate a problem, you should schedule a repair service:
- Sewage blockages and backups – Clogs and water backflow are two of the clearest indicators that sewer line is broken. If water is backing up in your toilet, sink, or bathtub and your attempts to clear the line fail, it’s time to schedule repair.
- Slow draining sink – If your sink is taking longer than normal to drain, it’s likely a sign that a blockage is forming. This can eventually lead to a clog and a sewage backup. It’s important to get this repaired before it worsens.
- Sewer odor – Another clear sign that your sewer line is in need of repair is if the smell of sewage is noticeable in your home or hard. This is an indicator that there may be a crack or clog in the line.
- Damp, soggy spots on your lawn – If you spot extra green, soggy patches of grass, it may be because the soil around the leakage has been receiving extra nutrients from the sewage.
- Varying water levels in the toilet bowl – Have you been noticing that the water level seems to be overly full or overly empty, you may have a sewer line problem. A clog can cause this fluctuation.
Though these are the most common indicators that your sewer line should be repaired, they aren’t the only signs. If you’ve noticed anything different with your plumbing or sewage system, you should contact a professional.
If you’re in need of sewer line repair in Rockford or the surrounding areas, call us at (815) 873-6003 or contact us online now!
Why Choose Axberg for Sewer Line Repair?
Our team of highly trained technicians at Axberg are equipped to handle any sewer line service that you need. Our commitment to customer service remains one the guiding principle of the company and we promise we’ll treat you and your home with the upmost respect and courtesy.
We offer a variety of sewer line and plumbing services, including repairs on pipes, gas lines, toilets, water heaters, and more! If you’re looking for a trusted HVAC company in Illinois, contact us today.
Call Axberg at (815) 873-6003 to schedule your sewer line repair in the Rockford area!